I am obsessed with writing rooms and creating the perfect setting to pen my literary masterpiece, so recently I revisited a fabulous trend which goes hand in hand with summer (especially if you live in the UK like I do!) and that is writing outdoors. With the warmer months fast approaching it’s time to look forward to lounging in the garden to write instead of staying cooped up in the house.
Here I have collected 10 of The Best Outdoor Writing Spaces for inspiration and your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! Be inspired and above all else… go and write outdoors! 🙂 LB x
10 of The Best Outdoor Writing Spaces
1. This beautiful office space makes me want to retreat to the Pacific Northwest! Mountains, lakes and forests, what more could a writer want!?
2. WOW! It may be open and very on show, but this is literally one of the most stunning outdoor writing spaces I have EVER seen. Italy? Switzerland? I have no idea where it is, but if I did I would be there in a heartbeat!
3. Work doesn’t get much more perfect! What a fabulous setting… Sunset, sand, sea, candles and the laptop. Creativity doesn’t get much more luxe than this.
4. A wonderful home side writing retreat, open, airy and channelling tropical energy.
5. This porch-come-office is an innovative way to use your outside space without taking up a full room in your home for a place to work. I love the open views over this lake-side neighbourhood. Imagine checking your emails here every morning!
6. These are a relatively new and popular trend at the moment – Home Office Pods. The designs and types are very varied but this is one of my favourites. It retains a certain degree of openness with the large floor to ceiling windows, but it is very much a garden escape. Ideal for city living.
7. I love this unique outdoor library/workspace. It’s an urban literary retreat for sure! Any garden could have a similar effect with an arbor or pergola!
8. A lovely space created at the back of a home. Open, covered, bright and air conditioned! Perfect for a hot summers day when shade is essential!
9. There is something very rustic about this lovely outdoor office. The simplicity of the urn on the desk makes it all the more charming.
10. Another fantastic porch space transformed into an office, but this time with a huge inbuilt desk and in the centre of a forest… dreamy!
Helen Victoria Anderson says
Oooh, drool. I’d like to write in any of these places, but I particularly like the idea of a covered space in a forest, so that I wouldn’t be hampered by glare on my computer screen (well, you’ve got to be pragmatic!)